Issue Date: January 2017
Next Review: January 2018
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
The ongoing success of the Company is founded on excellence in Health and Safety performance. This is achieved through a policy of continual, cost effective improvement across all facets of the business.
With commitment, co-operation and an effective management system, we strive to conduct our operations in such a way as to prevent injury, ill health and damage to property.
In support of this all employees are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care of themselves and other people who may be affected by their actions, and to fully support the Company in the management of Health and Safety as a whole.
To realise these policy objectives directors and senior management are committed to:
- Complying with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and other requirements, and, where possible, improving on these requirements
- Maintaining and further developing a Health and Safety Management System that meets the requirements of BS OHSAS 18001
- Providing adequate resources, including expert advisors, to fulfil the Company’s commitments
- Investigating incidents to identify root causes and prevent recurrence
- Conducting regular reviews to monitor performance, producing plans to set objectives and targets for improvement, and reporting against these plans
- Considering, planning and implementing reasonably practicable control measures to minimise identifiable risks associated with the Company’s
- Considering, planning and implementing health initiatives and monitoring the health of all employees
- Promoting a culture of Health and Safety responsibility, awareness and engagement through leadership, communication and training, for all persons working on behalf of the company (employed and contracted).
This policy is communicated to all persons working for or on behalf of Trant Engineering Ltd and is made available to other interested parties upon request.
As Managing Director I accept responsibility for this Health and Safety Policy and all Directors are responsible for ensuring its effective implementation in their respective areas of the business.