“Trant carried out civil construction works for Siemens plc on both the Marchwood CCGT and Severn Power CCGT Power Generation projects. I can confirm that the Trant work was carried out with integrity and professionalism and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to other potential clients for similar work.”
Trant is a leading construction provider to the energy sector, committed to providing safe, high-quality design and build engineering solutions to customers across the power and distribution industry.
We have been engaged in the sector for over two decades, enjoying repeat business from major providers and contractors in fossil, renewable energy and more recently, nuclear energy.
We have continually invested in training and the development of our staff so that they are equipped to operate within this highly regulated industrial sector. We now employ over 100 multi-discipline personnel qualified to work in live substation and power station environments.
Our current range of expertise and services within this sector include design, civil engineering, construction and building services, LV/MV electrical and mechanical installations and commissioning, both in generation and distribution:
- Fossil Fuel Power Stations & CCGT’s: Civil Engineering for plant and infrastructure, buildings including control rooms, amenity blocks, security gatehouses, offices and stores.
- Energy from Waste plants: Civil Engineering for plant & infrastructure, structural envelopes and building services.
- Biomass Plants: Civil Engineering for plant and infrastructure, buildings including fuel storage, control rooms, amenity blocks, security gatehouses, offices and stores.
- AD & CHP Plants: Please refer to our process page for more details
- Wind Farms: Civil engineering and building for the onshore elements
- Substations: New design and construction and upgrades to existing assets
- Gas Insulated Substations (GIS): New build and upgrades
- Air Insulated Substations (AIS): New build and upgrades
- Substation environmental works and oil containment: a UK wide programme to ensure compliance
- Substation Flood Defence upgrades: a UK wide programme to mitigate the effects of climate change
- Substation Security Upgrades: a UK wide programme to protect these critical assets
- Nuclear: Enabling works, construction, infrastructure, extensions and maintenance to facilitate the decommissioning of non-generating nuclear sites
- New design & build long term storage facilities for low/intermediate level waste.
Energy from Waste
- Design & build Material Recycling Facilities and associated power plants, including Gasification, Combined Heat & Power and Pyrolosis.