Hampshire/Sussex, United Kingdom
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER (Electrical) – Southern Water
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We are currently recruiting for Assistant Electrical Project Managers to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team on the Southern Water Framework, based at our office in Havant, on site or remotely within the Southern Water region. You will be reporting to a Project and Contract Manager and will be responsible for supporting all technical and commercial aspects of Electrical installations on site. Candidates will be qualified in Electrical Engineering but should have a good appreciation of electrical and civils professions.
The schemes range in value up to circa £6m and are located in Hampshire and Sussex. They involve the construction of new tanks, pipelines, pumps, MCCs' in order to take reservoirs offline for inspection, repair and cleaning as required.
· Attend internal and external design review and progress meetings
· Review electrical & mechanical design documentation
· Review specifications and outline/detailed designs
· Procurement of Electrical & Mechanical Equipment and support for subcontract procurement
· Ensure that site installation works and quality match both design and appropriate industry standards
· Record and Review as-built information
· Production of Risk Assessments and Method Statements
· Programme Updates
· Procurement schedules
· Degree or HND/HNC in Electrical Engineering
· Water Engineering background preferred but not essential
· Good working Knowledge of Safety, Health Environment and Quality Procedures
· Microsoft Office and CAD packages
· Good appreciation of Excel to a ‘Higher’ level
At Trant Engineering, we offer the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. We value our employee’s and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors. Our company benefits package includes;
· A competitive salary
· Company car or car allowance
· 24 days holiday (increases with service) + 8 bank holiday
· Company Pension Scheme
· Flexible Working Policy (based on a ‘core hours’ system)
· Free onsite parking
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Bike to Work Scheme
We also welcome to opportunity to discuss working from home/hybrid working options at interview stage.
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.