Southampton, United Kingdom
We are currently seeking to grow our CAD team and are therefore recruiting for CAD/Draftspersons, with a background in either Mechanical or Civil Engineering, to join our in-house design studio. These roles will be based at our Head Office in Southampton and the CAD/Draftspersons will work as part of a multi-disciplined team, responsible for the design of water, wastewater and biosolids treatment plants.
Reporting to the CAD Manager, duties of the role include (but are not limited to);
· Responsible for the creation of Computer Aided Design models and drawings in accordance with Trant Engineering and/or clients drawing manuals.
· Maintain drawing file system, issuing of drawings and undertaking of archiving of drawings.
· Assist with site dimensional surveys for pre and post construction drawings.
· Assist Design Engineers in the liaison with the client, suppliers and external sub-contractors, to ensure the design is completed in accordance with the specification.
· Responsible for preparing detailed Mechanical pipework and equipment layouts, including fabrication details when required (if mechanical background) or responsible for preparing detailed Civil and Structural layouts, including groundworks, buried pipelines (typically pumped mains and drainage systems), concrete and re-bar detailing, structural steelwork (if civil background).
· Preparing drawings (P&IDs).
· Following a P&ID and be able to create layouts from them, with guidance from our detailed designer engineers.
· Competent user of 2D & 3D AutoCAD.
· Experience in any of the following software packages: Revit, AutoCAD Plant 3D, AutoCAD P&ID, AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD Civil 3D.
· Competent user of Microsoft Office Packages.
· Having a background in Mechanical or Civil Engineering CAD Design.
· Having knowledge of working within the water and/or waste water sector would be an advantage, but not essential.
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 750 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
· A competitive salary
· 24 days holidays (increasing with service to 28 days) + 8 bank holidays
· Company Pension scheme
· Flexible Working Policy (based on a core-hours system)
· Free parking
· 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
· Bike to Work Scheme
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.
How to apply;
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Internal Recruitment Team on 02380 665544.
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion