- Civils CAD/Draftsperson - Southampton
Civils CAD/Draftsperson - Southampton
Southampton, United Kingdom
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Civils CAD/Draftsperson to join our design studio at our Head Office in Southampton.
Duties include but are not limited to;
- Reporting to the CAD Team Leader
- Responsible for the preparation of Computer Aided Design drawings in accordance with TEL and/or clients drawing manuals for civil engineering projects
- Responsible for preparing detailed arrangement drawings including the use of Xref’s (external references) to manage drawings effectively
- Responsible for preparing detailed civils drawings
- Maintains drawing file system, issuing of drawings and undertaking of archiving of drawings
- Maintains all incoming and outgoing drawing registers, and ensures that all documents are issued with the required documentation
- Assist with site dimensional surveys for pre and post construction drawings
- Assist Design Engineers in the liaison with the Client, suppliers and external sub-contractors to ensure design is completed in accordance with the specification
- Part of a multi-disciplined team responsible for the design of water, wastewater and biosolids treatment plants
Health and Safety:
- The active promotion of the company safety culture through example and management of people
- That safety takes precedence in any conflict with time, cost or quality
- That those associated with the business understand and deliver company expectations
- That client and company requirements are effectively communicated to all personnel
- That all operations are carried out in accordance with the company management system, policy objectives and statutory and contractual requirements
- The implementation of the company management systems for health, safety, the environment and quality in conjunction with the TeL Systems Department
- That all work is completed to the Client’s satisfaction, within budget
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships and effective communication with clients
- Competent user of 2D AutoCAD
- Experience in 3D and intelligent software packages such as Autocad Plant 3D, Autocad P&ID, Autocad Civil 3D, Revit, advantageous but not essential
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Packages
- A background of working with the water or wastewater sector or other process industry would be a strong advantage but not essential
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. We value our employee’s and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors.
Our company benefits package includes;
- A competitive salary
- 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + bank holidays
- The opportunity to buy further holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Christmas shutdown
- Government Workplace Pension
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com or call 02380 665544