Southampton, United Kingdom
CIVILS DESIGN ENGINEER MENTOR – SOUTHAMPTON – FULL TIME OR PART TIME
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
Working as part of professional design team in Southampton, we are now recruiting for a Civils Design Engineer to join the team to mentor and develop Junior and Graduate Civils Engineers, to help them become well-rounded Civils Designers. The Civil Design Engineers will produce original designs for structural or civil infrastructure, including design and detail of temporary works within clean & dirty water and other sectors and the mentor should train them to be able to perform the following duties:
• Preparation of outline designs for tenders within short timescales
• Preparation of clear and well-structured design calculations and reports
• Provision of support and design proposals to site teams from pre-construction to construction phase
• Responsibility for TW design on nominated projects
This role can be either full time or part time and will be based from our Head office in Southampton.
• Have worked as a Civil Design Engineer within various sectors
• Proven ability to undertake civil design to current codes and standards
• Thorough knowledge of safety legislation relating to CDM regulations
• Understanding of geotechnical aspects relating to permanent and temporary works
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• IT literate, must be a proficient user of Microsoft packages, understanding of AutoCAD, with knowledge of 3D design software such as AutoCAD Civil Suite. Familiarity with popular design software packages also required
• Previously helped train/mentor Junior Design Engineers
• HND/BEng Civil Engineering OR by experience
• A background of working on water/sewage projects advantageous
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development and progression within a professional working environment and we strongly support and encourage employees to gain professional qualifications.
Our company benefits package includes;
• A competitive salary
• Company Car or Car Allowance
• 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + bank holidays
• Flexible Working options
• Company Pension Scheme
• Bike to Work scheme
• Free onsite parking
• Employee Assistance Programme
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Internal Recruitment Team on 02380 665544
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion