- Commissioning Engineer - Electrical
Commissioning Engineer - Electrical
Falkland Islands, International
Trant Engineering are seeking an Electrical Commissioning Engineer for our Power Station Project in the Falklands
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
Role & Responsibilities of the Electrical Commissioning Engineer
Overview / Responsibilities:
- Promote a culture of safety and continuous improvement.
- Support the execution of work in accordance Trant standards.
- Support commissioning and project teams to deliver Electrical Engineering services to MPS project.
- Ensure work is carried out to high standards.
- Advise and support training to on site Engineering / Operations / Maintenance workforce at MPS.
- Ensure SLD’s, Cable schedules and cause and effects documentation and drawings are up to date.
- Identify areas of improvement in safety, reliability, and efficient execution of work
- Provide assurance on engineering compliance with applicable Standards, Specifications, Codes and Regulations. Ensure that non-conformities and temporary deviations are identified.
- Responsible to Commissioning Manager for delivery and handover of power project.
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diverse range of technical problems within the discipline.
- Completion of commissioning test reports and following commissioning procedures.
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up.
- To provide required support to specialist vendors on site.
- To provide technical support to site team in terms of material inspection & spares holdings.
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to Instrument and Control systems
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required.
- To attend weekly progress meetings and generate status reports for the Electrical Team Lead/Engineering/Commissioning Manager as required
- Mentoring/Training of client O&M colleagues
Qualifications of the Electrical Commissioning Engineer
Technical / Business Skills:
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- Confident and assertive
- Problem solver
- Good communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong commitment to safety
- Good knowledge of ABB & Schneider HV / LV systems
- Good knowledge of breakers, power distribution, generators and power plant.
Competencies of the Electrical Commissioning Engineer:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of Electrical systems and analysis.
- Thorough awareness of relevant international codes and standards
- Familiarity with all relevant industry codes, standards and practices, and relevant experience with PLC, DCS, Breakers, HV distribution, UPS and Generators.
Business & Industry Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the power generation industry
- Ideally experience in International multicultural Commissioning and Operational roles.
- Experience in brownfield engineering, reliability, and strong technical leadership with influencing capabilities.
- Previous overseas or remote location working experience.
- Knowledge of site safety and construction activities.
- Conscientious approach to Test and Commissioning, supported with relevant technical and detailed engineering background with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Degree or equivalent qualification relevant to Electrical Engineering
- 18th Edition wiring regs.
- HV switching experience would be beneficial as would previous AP or SAP certification.
- Sound supervisory and organisational skills
- Clear communicator with good interpersonal skills
- An active listener with the ability to focus on key requirements to achieve overall successful outcomes
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. We value our employee’s and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors. Our company benefits package includes:
- A competitive salary / day rate
- Company car or car allowance
- 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + bank holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike to Work Scheme
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age
To apply, please email: email@example.com
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion