Havant, United Kingdom
CONTRACTS MANAGER – WATER PROJECTS – HAVANT
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering. Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
We are currently recruiting for a Contracts Manager to join our Process & Water team, managing Southern Water projects. Work comprises of maintenance and replacement of clean and dirty water infrastructure (M&E and civils). Project are made up of reactive and planned maintenance as well as project work. Reporting into the Framework Manager, duties include but are not limited to;
• Responsible for overseeing up to 3/4 live projects at any one time or a number of smaller contracts
• Working closely with the SHEQ team to ensure the safe delivery of works, updating on environmental issues and ensuring quality
• Managing and supporting the Site Managers on each of your projects
• Working closely with the commercial team, designers, planners and site teams
• Subcontract management
• Client interface; attending regular meetings with the client and reporting on design and project completion timelines
• Effective monthly reporting to the Frameworks Manager
• Taking responsibility for the programmes
Due to the complexity of projects that we work on, it is essential that applicants have a background in managing the successful delivery of M&E/civil engineering projects. A background of working on clean or wastewater projects would be a strong advantage and is preferred. It may be that you are currently working as a Contracts Manager or perhaps you are a Senior Project Manager who is seeking to take the next step in your career. Either way, you will have an excellent technical ability in M&E/civil engineering and be a strong manager of people, possessing the ability to get the most out of your team.
Desired Skills / Background
• HNC/HND/BSc in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering or equivalent or by experience
• A background of delivering projects to budget and program
• Water experience preferred (clean water or wastewater)
• Excellent communication skills with people of all levels
• Organised and structured in your approach
• IT literate
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. We value our employee’s and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors.
Our company benefits package includes;
• A competitive salary
• Company car or car allowance
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Free onsite parking
• Bike to Work Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Company Pension
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Internal Recruitment Team on 02380 665641
Equal Opportunities & Diversity
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age.
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion