- Design Co-ordinator
Havant, United Kingdom
Design Co-ordinator - Hampshire
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
We are seeking to recruit a Design Coordinator to join our in-house Design Team based in Havant, working on projects for Southern Water. The Design Coordinator will work as part of a multi-disciplined team, responsible for the production of design deliverables. The Design Coordinator will liaise between the Mechanical, Electrical & Civils design teams and the site team.
Reporting to the Design Manager, duties include but are not limited to;
• Tracking the project deliverables on the DORM and liaising with the internal and external design team
• Coordination (managing the production and checking), of design deliverables produced by specialist suppliers or subcontractors
• Updating and tracking the design programme
• Managing change and reporting to the Project Quantity Surveyors
• Updating and tracking procurement using the procurement schedule
• Constructability liaison between the design team and Project Manager
• Providing technical assistance to project teams during the installation and commissioning phases of projects
• Undertaking/chairing formal design reviews throughout the project cycle as defined within TEL procedures
• Act as the Principal Designer in accordance with the CDM Regulations 2015
• Assisting with the professional development of Engineers
• Working with Estimators, assisting and offering advice during tender preparations and providing and technical information required to support bid submissions
• Assisting in the implementation of BIM
• Continued development and review of quality management systems
• Technical Case Studies and Marketing Data Sheets
• Applicants should have a background in water & process
• Electrical, Process or Mechanical discipline preferred
• Professional experience working with design and construction organisations
• Chartered or Incorporated member of relevant professional institution preferred but not essential
* Competitive salary
* Car or car allowance
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
* Company Pension Scheme
* Flexible Working and Work from Home Options available
* Free onsite parking
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Bike to Work Scheme
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion