- EICA Technician - Southampton
EICA Technician - Southampton
Southampton, United Kingdom
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
We are seeking to recruit an EICA Technician (Electrical, Instrumentation, Commissioning & Automation), working as part of a multi-disciplined team responsible for the design management of a variety of different projects including water and wastewater treatment plants. Reporting to the Electrical Design Manager, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplined team responsible for the design of water and wastewater treatment plants. Although this role will be based predominantly on sites in the south of UK, continued attendance at our Head Office in Southampton, for induction into the company and full design liaison through project life will also be required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Undertaking the replacement, modification and new installations systems installed in Water and Wastewater Treatment plants
- Installation and field connection of new and replacement electrical installation including instrumentation. Connection of communications, power and signal cabling to new equipment
- Manufacture and installation of local assemblies for the mounting of equipment, sensors junction boxes and field instrumentation
- Control of FAT and SAT testing and commissioning of the completed works
- Appropriate qualification in electrical / ICA engineering together with a background of working in the water industry
- Membership of relevant professional institution an advantage but not essential
Health and Safety –
- The active promotion of the company safety culture through example and management of people
- That safety takes precedence in any conflict with time, cost or quality
- That those associated with the business understand and deliver company expectations
- That client and company requirements are effectively communicated to all personnel
- That all operations are carried out in accordance with the company management system, policy objectives and statutory and contractual requirements
- The implementation of the company management systems for health, safety, the environment and quality in conjunction with the TEL Systems Department
- That all work is completed to the Client’s satisfaction, within budget
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships and effective communication within TEL
- Responsible for modification of existing, or installation of new, Electrical Power, Instrumentation, Communications and signal cabling and equipment.
- Integration of signals into PLC and SCADA systems and associated field equipment
- Responsible for liaison with IDS EICA Design department to ensure designs issued and complied with and where changes made are approved by the design department
- Interaction with client’s operatives and other TEL disciplines to ensure co-operative working and safety
The work will comprise of:-
- Installation of communication and power cabling around sites, utilising existing and new tray work and ducts
- Installation of new equipment, Instrumentation, power distribution, signal amplifiers or conditioners. Support structures for equipment mounting
- Installation of new or the replacement of existing PLC’s within ICA cabinets. Modifications to I-O signals. Addition or modification of communication cables and interface devices
- Installation of new SCADA cabinets, PC, UPS HMI and other associated equipment
- Site wide Fibre-optic cable installation to connect local PLCs, remote I-O and SCADA systems
- Assisting software engineers in completion of their installation
- Responsible for the maintenance of all site documentation, in accordance with TEL procedures. Formal issuing of marked-up drawings and documents to the Project Manager for inclusion in records
- Ensuring any design issues are clarified and signed by the respective Engineer before proceeding with the work
- Assist with FAT SAT, testing and commissioning, as required
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. We value our employee’s and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors.
Our company benefits package includes;
- A competitive salary
- Company car or car allowance
- 24 days holiday (increasing with service to 28) + bank holidays
- The opportunity to buy further holidays via a salary sacrifice scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Christmas shutdown
- Company Pension Scheme
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com or call 02380 665544
Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.