- ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER - HAVANT - 2020
ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER - HAVANT
Havant, United Kingdom
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
We are seeking to recruit an Electrical Design Engineer to join our regional site-based office in Havant, providing detailed design on water and wastewater treatment plants. Working on the Southern Water AMP Framework, projects are predominantly M&E with some civils works and the Southern Water region is Hampshire/Sussex & Kent. This role will be based from our Havant office near Portsmouth and functionally, you will report into the Regional Design Manager. The Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for managing all aspects of electrical design, including:
- Responsible for management of project specific design deliverables
- Carrying out design in accordance with M&E Design QA Procedures
- Responsible for the detailed design in accordance with the TEL Procedures
- Interpreting and understanding client requirements from client documents (drawings, specifications, correspondence, etc.)
- Communication with client, external design resources and subcontractors to ensure compliance with specification
- Site surveys of existing assets
- Optioneering and feasibility studies
- Assisting with tender pricing
- Production of procurement specifications for electrical equipment and production of detailed design construction drawings
- Project managing third party designs and providing design assistance to installation and commissioning teams
- Review of vendors controls system Functional design Specifications for compliance with our requirements.
- Review of vendor data and drawings for all electrical equipment and package plant, motor control centres, power distribution panels and field equipment panels
- Management of internal and external project specific design costs in liaison with the Project Manager
- Undertaking and checking of design calculations including modelling of the complete power system (AMTECH)
- Preparation of drawings for CAD production, in accordance with the TEL QA procedures
- Assist in the development of process control philosophies with the Process Engineer and suppliers. Production of URS documentation
- Production of electrical scope and works enquiry submission documents
- Estimation of material and labour costs
- Undertake design risk assessments to support detailed design proposals
- Responsible for preparing detailed electrical specifications
- Responsible for the production of single line and block cable diagrams, load schedules, equipment specifications, cable schedules, equipment schedules, telemetry schedules, instrument schedules and I/O listings
- Record and document all design changes through to completion and issue of ‘As Built’ documents
- Liaise with clients and subcontractors
- An appropriate electrical qualification or by experience
- Chartered membership of a relevant professional institution is an advantage but not essential
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. We value our employee’s and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors.
- Our company benefits package includes;
- A competitive salary
- 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + bank holidays
- The opportunity to buy further holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Christmas shutdown
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 665544