Southampton, United Kingdom
ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR - SOUTHAMPTON
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
Due to continued expansion, we have a requirement for an Estimator from an Electrical background to join our M&E Estimating & Proposals team, based at our Head Office in Southampton. Responsibilities include preparing accurate and competitive cost estimates, together with the preparation of the necessary technical and commercial submission documentation for a wide variety of M&E Engineering projects across the UK and overseas.
We are keen to receive applications from applicants with a background in electrical estimating or perhaps currently working in an Electrical Project Management / Engineering or Electrical Design role but keen to move into an estimating position.
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Preparing multi-discipline proposals for the process, water and waste industry and other industrial markets adhering to the documented company tendering procedures
· Programming of own workload within a small team with an emphasis on deadline driven priorities
· Read and fully understand client specifications and drawings and documentation required for formal submissions
· Compile and collate documentation, schedules and data sheets etc. for inclusion into final formal proposal submissions (both commercial and technical)
· Ascertain preliminary and detailed project requirements and solutions, including programmes and value engineering solutions
· Liaison with the ‘in-house’ M&E design teams as necessary
· Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors and ‘in-house’ resources
· Prepare material, labour, plant and subcontractor cost analysis spreadsheets
· Prepare preliminary programmes
· Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
· Attend site visits and client meetings
· Consider site safety, health and environmental issues
· Knowledge of contract conditions and in particular the NEC suite of contracts
· IT literacy – Minimum MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and MS Project
· Confident and well organised, as the role involves working to short deadlines under pressure
· HNC/HND/BEng in Electrical Engineering or by experience
· Knowledge of working in the water industry would be advantageous but not essential
· Previous background in estimating, project management or design
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. We value our employee’s and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors.
Our company benefits package includes;
· Competitive salary
· Company car/car allowance (depending on grade)
· 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays (holiday entitlement will increase to 28 days with service)
· Free onsite parking
· Company Pension Scheme
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Flexible Working (based on a core hours system)
· Bike to Work Scheme
We are also open to discussions at interview regarding remote and hybrid working.
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com or call our Internal Recruitment Team on 02380 665544
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.