Southampton, United Kingdom
Due to continued growth, we are seeking to recruit an Environmental Advisor to join our busy SHEQ team based at our Head Office in Southampton, where we are currently working on a variety of projects across all of our industry sectors. Reporting to the Environmental & Sustainability Manager but working closely with the SHEQ Team and project teams, this role is office based predominantly with occasional project site visits.
We are keen to receive applications from individuals who are currently working as an Environmental Advisor; experience within the construction industry (specifically utilities/energy) would be particularly beneficial. The ideal applicant should have an understanding of the scope and purpose of Environmental Plans and Environmental Management tools and techniques, as well as having the capability to produce Environmental Performance Reports against Audit Criteria, Objectives / KPI’s, Contractual Requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to;
· Communicating Environmental & Sustainability requirements across the company
· Monitoring and measuring management system effectiveness, including Data/Root Cause Analysis, auditing (corrective and improvement action) and report writing
· Ensuring improvement actions are implemented and closed within the agreed timescales
· Environmental planning activities
· Supply Chain assessments and monitoring
· Supporting construction/project teams
· Current or previous experience within the environmental/sustainability
· ISO14001/9001 awareness (preferably trained)
· Full driving licence and willingness to travel to sites with the UK when required
· Experience of working within utilities, energy or petrochemical sectors advantageous
· Excellent IT skills, including report writing
· An ability to prioritise effectively and multi task, whilst paying attention to detail
Trant Engineering has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully design & deliver complex engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 750 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of
£180m this year, it is an exciting time to join a business where you can reach your full potential and develop your career.
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. We value our employee’s and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors.
Our company benefits package includes;
· Competitive salary
· Company car or car allowance
· 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + 8 bank holidays
· Company Pension Scheme
· Flexible Working (based on a core-hours system)
· Free onsite parking
· Employee Assistant Program
· Bike to Work Scheme
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 665544
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.