- HV DESIGN COORDINATOR - SOUTHAMPTON
HV DESIGN COORDINATOR - SOUTHAMPTON
Southampton, United Kingdom
Trant Engineering Limited is a multi discipline Engineering & Construction company, with offices and projects throughout the UK and Overseas. We have a number of different divisions, including; Energy, Oil & Gas, Process & Water, International and Control & Automation. We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book and a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
We are seeking to recruit a Design Coordinator to join our team at Head Office in Southampton. The Design Coordinator will work part of a team, responsible for the production of design deliverables for predominantly High Voltage related projects within our Energy Sector.
Reporting to the Project Manager, duties include but are not limited to;
- Leading a multidisciplinary design teams composed of internal and external resources.
- Tracking the project deliverables and liaising with the internal and external design team
- Coordination (managing the production and checking), of design deliverables produced by specialist suppliers or subcontractors
- Updating and tracking the design programme
- Managing change and reporting to the Project Quantity Surveyors
- Updating and tracking procurement using the procurement schedule
- Constructability liaison between the design team and Project Manager
- Providing technical assistance to project teams during the installation and commissioning phases of projects
- Undertaking/chairing formal design reviews throughout the project cycle as defined within TEL procedures
- Act as the Principal Designer or Principal Designer’s representative in accordance with the CDM Regulations 2015
- Assisting with the professional development of Engineers
- Working with Estimators, assisting and offering advice during tender preparations and providing and technical information required to support bid submissions
- Assisting in the implementation of BIM
- Continued development and review of quality management systems
- Technical Case Studies and Marketing Data Sheets
- Assisting in the technical submission of PQQ’s
- Chartered or Incorporated member of relevant professional institution
- Professional experience working with design and construction organisations
- Extensive experience working on High Voltage, Power or Energy Projects.
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com or call 02380 665544
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion