- Mechanical Design Engineer - Water & Process - Southampton
Mechanical Design Engineer - Water & Process - Southampton
Southampton, United Kingdom
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
We are now recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer with a strong background in the Process & Water sector, to join our multi discipline team of Design Engineers, based at our Head Office in Southampton.
Reporting to the Mechanical Design Manager, duties include:
- Working as part of a multi-disciplined team of engineers responsible for the production design deliverables for water, wastewater and bio solids treatment plants
- Responsible for assisting in all aspects of mechanical design from site surveys of existing assets, optioneering, feasibility studies, detailed design and tender pricing
- Production of procurement specifications for mechanical equipment; hydraulic calculations and production of detailed design construction drawings
- Project managing third party designs and providing design assistance to installation and commissioning teams. Liaising with clients and subcontractors
Qualifications & Skills;
- Chartered membership of relevant professional institution an advantage but not essential
- IMECHE Accredited MEng degree
- IMECHE accredited BEng (Hons) degree
- Applicants must have a strong background in producing detailed designs within the water sector. A knowledge of both clean and dirty water projects would be advantageous
Health & Safety
- The active promotion of the company safety culture through example and management of people
- That safety takes precedence in any conflict with time, cost or quality
- That those associated with the business understand and deliver company expectations
- That client and company requirements are effectively communicated to all personnel
- That all operations are carried out in accordance with the company management system, policy objectives and statutory and contractual requirements
- The implementation of the company management systems for health, safety, the environment and quality in conjunction with the TEL Systems Department
- That all work is completed to the Client’s satisfaction, within budget
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships and effective communication with clients
- Responsible for management of project specific design deliverables
- Responsible for the detailed design in accordance with the TEL Procedures
- Interpreting and understanding client requirements from client documents (drawings, specifications, correspondence, etc.)
- Communication with client, external design resources and subcontractors to ensure compliance with specification
- Liaison with Project Manager and procurement team to ensure correct purchase of plant and equipment
- Management of internal and external project specific design costs in liaison with Project Manager
- Undertaking and checking design calculations including hydraulics and pumping systems
- Managing the preparation of CAD drawings in accordance with the TEL Drawing Manual
- Undertake design risk assessments to support detailed design proposals
- Responsible for preparing detailed mechanical specifications
- Responsible for the production of P&Ids
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development and progression within a professional working environment and we strongly support and encourage employees to gain professional qualifications.
Our company benefits package includes;
- A competitive salary
- 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + bank holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Christmas shutdown
- Company Pension Scheme
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age
How to apply;
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com or call 02380 665544
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion