Southampton, United Kingdom
MEICA ESTIMATOR / PROPOSALS ENGINEER - SOUTHAMPTON
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
Due to continued expansion, we are seeking to recruit a Mechanical and/or Electrical Estimator/Proposals Engineer, to be based at our Head Office in Southampton. The Estimator will be responsible for preparing accurate and competitive cost estimates, together with the preparation of the necessary technical and commercial submission documentation for a wide variety of M&E Engineering projects across the UK and overseas. Applicants should have a background in estimating M&E projects as well as ideally having a mechanical or electrical engineering background, with a working knowledge of the related electrical and ICA elements.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Report to the Estimating and Bid Manager, programme and manage own workload within the MEICA estimating team
• Prepare multi-discipline proposals for the Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear sectors
• Comply fully with the documented company tendering procedures
• Read and fully understand client specifications and drawings
• Understand documentation required for formal submissions
• Ascertain preliminary and detailed project requirements and solutions, including programmes and value engineering solutions
• Liaison with the ‘in-house’ M&E design team and project delivery teams for each sector as necessary
• Prepare material, labour, plant and subcontractor cost analysis spreadsheets
• Prepare preliminary tender programmes
• Organise and partake in bid initiation, technical and commercial review meetings and subsequent follow up meeting with technical and commercial directors.
• Present the cost estimate in full detail to management for review and final approval. Responsible, with senior management, for the identification, evaluation and ranking of risks as well as developing a strategy to manage and mitigate the risks to the company as the basis for estimating an appropriate contingency allowance for inclusion in the cost estimate.
• Attend site visits and client meetings
• Consider site safety, health and environmental issues
• Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors and ‘in-house’ resources
• Compile and collate documentation, schedules and data sheets etc. for inclusion into final formal proposal submissions
• Ensure that commercial and technical submissions are fully compliant with the conditions of contract with all necessary details of clarifications and qualifications to the proposal clearly communicated.
• A history of tendering M&E Projects as either an Estimator or Project Engineer within the above mentioned sectors
• Knowledge of contract conditions and in particular the NEC suite of contracts
• IT literacy – Minimum MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and MS Project
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. We value our employee’s and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors.
Our company benefits package includes;
• A competitive salary
• Company car or car allowance
• 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + bank holidays
• Free onsite parking
• Company Pension Scheme
• Bike to Work Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Discretionary annual bonus
• Flexible Working and Work from Home options
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com or call our Internal Recruitment Team on 02380 665544.
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.