- Process Engineer -Southampton
Process Engineer - Southampton
Southampton, United Kingdom
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
We are currently seeking to further grow our design team by recruiting a Process Engineer to join our design studio, based at our Head Office in Southampton.
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager
- Part of a multi-disciplined team of engineers responsible for the production design deliverables for water, wastewater and biosolids treatment plants
- Working on projects primarily in the UK water and waste water industries, including the opportunity to work on a number of projects within our various major EPC UK Water Industry frameworks
- Process input at various stages throughout project delivery including site surveys, optioneering, feasibility studies, detailed design and process commissioning
- Responsible for the production of mass balances, process flow diagrams, P&IDs, technical reports, control philosophies; commissioning/process compliance plans
- Liaising with, clients, third party design consultants and specialist process subcontractors, providing design assistance to installation and commissioning teams.
- Relevant academic/professional qualifications (preferably Chartered)
- Responsible for production of project specific design deliverables in accordance with the TEL Procedures
- Interpreting and understanding client requirements from client documents (drawings, specifications, correspondence, etc.)
- Communication with client, statutory bodies, external design resources and subcontractors
- Liaison with Project Manager and Design Manger and procurement team to ensure correct purchase of plant and equipment
- Undertaking and checking process design calculations including mass balances and hydraulics
- Managing the preparation of process related CAD drawings in accordance with the TEL Drawing Manual
- Undertake process design risk assessments to support detailed design proposals
- Responsible for preparing detailed process specifications
- Responsible for the production of P&IDs, Control Philosophies and URS’s
- On site commissioning support and the production of commissioning plans
Health and Safety:
- The active promotion of the company safety culture through example and management of people
- That safety takes precedence in any conflict with time, cost or quality
- That those associated with the business understand and deliver company expectations
- That client and company requirements are effectively communicated to all personnel
- That all operations are carried out in accordance with the company management system, policy objectives and statutory and contractual requirements
- The implementation of the company management systems for health, safety, the environment and quality in conjunction with the TEL Systems Department
- That all work is completed to the Client’s satisfaction, within budget
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships and effective communication with clients
- IChemE accredited MEng degree or IChemE accredited BEng (Hons) or BSc degree
- Chartered membership of relevant professional institution an advantage but not essential providing the candidate is working towards either incorporated or chartered status.
- A background in clean water process essential
Equal Opportunities & Diversity
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com or call 02380 665544
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion