- Project Design Managers X3 - Southampton
Project Design Managers X3
Southampton, United Kingdom
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
We are now recruiting for several Project Design Managers, to be based at our Head Office in Southampton. Reporting to the Contracts Manager for all Project Management issues and reporting to the respective Function (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Process) Design Managers for all Technical Issues.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Working as part of a multi-disciplined team of engineers responsible for the production of design deliverables for predominately process related projects within water, wastewater and biosolids sectors. Other work sectors include Energy (hydrocarbon and renewables), Power & Transmission, Marine/Coastal, Defence (UK and Dependencies), Pharmaceutical, Petrochemical and Nuclear.
- Responsible for coordinating and managing design resources to ensure the efficient and intelligent production of design deliverables against the DORM (Design, Organisation and Responsibilities Matrix) and Project Design Programme.
- Managing the interfaces with third party designs from consultants, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensuring the formal design reviews throughout the project cycle as defined within TEL procedures are implemented.
- Managing and providing weekly/monthly reports against the DORM and Contract Programme.
- Monitoring and reporting design expenditure against the DORM and as required put in place strategies for mitigating overspend.
- Managing relationships and communications with Clients and their representatives are established and maintained.
- Act as the Principal Designer in accordance with the CDM Regulations 2015
- Recognised Engineering Institution Accredited MEng/BEng
- Chartered membership of relevant professional institution
- Professional experience working within design and construction organisations
- Experience of managing a large team of Engineers
Health and Safety:
- The active promotion of the company safety culture through example and management of people.
- That safety takes precedence in any conflict with time, cost or quality.
- That those associated with the business understand and deliver company expectations.
- That client and company requirements are effectively communicated to all personnel.
- That all operations are carried out in accordance with the company management system, policy objectives and statutory and contractual requirements.
- The implementation of the company management systems for health, safety, the environment and quality in conjunction with the TEL Systems Department.
- That all work is completed to the Client’s satisfaction, within budget.
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships and effective communication with clients.
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development and progression within a professional working environment and we strongly support and encourage employees to gain professional qualifications.
Our company benefits package includes:
- A competitive salary
- Company car or car allowance (depending on level)
- 24 days holiday (increasing to 28 with service) + bank holidays
- The opportunity to buy further holidays via a salary sacrifice scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike to Work Scheme
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com or call 02380 665544
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion