Southampton, United Kingdom
PROJECT ENGINEER - SOUTHAMPTON
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
Te-Tech Process Solutions Ltd is part of the Trant Engineering Group and is based in Southampton. Te-Tech is a product and process technology provider selling water and wastewater treatment solutions to municipal, commercial and industrial clients within the UK and international markets.
The Project Engineer will be reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and will be responsible for supporting all technical and commercial aspects of Electrical, Mechanical and Process installations on site. Candidates ideally will be qualified in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering but should have a good appreciation of both professions and should have experience of working within Product Development, preferably within the water industry.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Attend internal and external design review, product development and progress meetings.
• Produce and review electrical, mechanical & process design and product development documentation.
• Produce specifications and outline designs.
• Procurement of Electrical, Mechanical Process equipment and support for subcontract procurement.
• Ensure that site installation works and quality match both design and appropriate industry standards.
• Record and Review as-built information.
• Production of Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
• Programme Updates.
• Procurement schedules.
• Degree or HNC in either Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or by experience
• Experience in product engineering and development
• Water Engineering background preferred but not essential
• Good working Knowledge of Safety, Health Environment and Quality Procedures
• Microsoft Office and CAD packages
• Good appreciation of Excel to a ‘Higher’ level
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. We value our employee’s and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors. Our company benefits package includes;
• A competitive salary
• Company car or car allowance
• 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + bank holidays
• Free onsite parking
• Company Pension Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Bike to Work Scheme
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com or call the Internal Recruitment Team on 02380 665544
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion