Southampton, United Kingdom
SITE ENGINEER – Water & Process – Southampton
Trant Engineering Limited is a multi-discipline Engineering & Construction company, with offices and projects throughout the UK and Overseas. We have a number of different divisions, including Energy, Oil & Gas, Process & Water, International and Control & Automation.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Civil Setting Out Engineer to join our Water and Process division. You will join a team that is working on a number of projects across the South of England but based initially on a £30m clean water treatment project in Southampton, this is an excellent opportunity to develop a broad skillset to the benefit of your long term career.
Reporting to the Site Manager, and duties will include but are not limited to:
• Setting out of civil engineering lines and levels
• QA & administrative responsibilities
• Promoting Health & Safety at all time and committing to continuous high standards
• Surveying tasks
• Ensuring quality control requirements are met
• Reading and understanding drawings and specifications
• Calculating quantities
• Assisting in the production of Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Inspection & Test Plans
• Complying with company policies and procedures
• HND/BEng in Civil Engineering
• Practice experience of setting out on civil engineering projects
• Full UK Driving licence essential
• SSSTS / SMSTS a bonus
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development and progression within a professional working environment; a path to more complicated / higher value projects locally and across the UK. We strongly support and encourage employees to gain professional qualifications.
Our company benefits package includes:
• Competitive salary
• Company vehicle
• 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + bank holidays
• Support and encouragement to achieve professional qualifications
• workplace pension
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.