Hampshire, United Kingdom
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER – RUBY ON RAILS
Trant Engineering Limited is a multi-discipline Engineering & Construction company, with offices and projects throughout the UK and Overseas. We have a number of different divisions, including; Energy, Oil & Gas, Process & Water, International and Control & Automation. We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book and a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an excellent time to join the business.
We are looking to expand our software development team at our Head Office in Southampton and are currently recruiting for a Software Developer with a minimum of 3 years of experience of developing Ruby on Rails applications. You will report into the Senior Software Developer and will be responsible for providing solutions and managing the interchange of data between the server and the users, with your primary focus to develop all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will be helping with the day-to-day running of our custom web applications and will be involved in developing and testing new features.
You will get the opportunity to be part of exciting projects, which requires a background in server side/backend programming, HTML/CSS/JS, together with complex front ends from RESTful API’s. Technology Stack - Rails 3+, MySQL, SQL Server, Redis, ElasticSearch, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery.
This is a great opportunity to work in a stable, friendly and professional environment, where you can build and develop your career and is initially offered as a 6 month contract basis.
Key skills required:
We are looking for a full stack developer who is very competent in building bespoke web applications and working on various technologies across projects and it is essential that applicants have an in-depth understanding and hands-on experience of the following:
• Ruby on Rails
• Rails Web API, Building APIs and integrating APIs ( RESTful, SOAP)
• Ruby (1.9-2.6), Rails (3.2 – 5 +)
• Agile and XP methodologies – TDD and iterative development with continuous integration
• Latest Bootstrap CSS framework, LESS, SASS
• A background in GIT VCS and Continuous Integration, desirable to have knowledge of Redis, ElasticSearch
• Good understanding of concepts of MVC, Mocking and ORM
• SOLID code design
• Familiarity with continuous integration
• SQL Stored Procedures, Views and Indexing
• Emerging datastore and processing technologies, such as NoSQL and Stream Processing, Blob storage
• Responsive front-end development with HTML5
• Proven history of maintaining and provisioning production environment
• CentOS / Ubuntu, Azure Cloud
Skills / background / Qualifications:
• Hands-on work history in web development with minimum 3-4 projects of end-to-end implementation experience in RUBY
Equal Opportunities & Diversity
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com or call our Internal Recruitment Team on 02380 665544
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion