In this aim we are sensitive to the environment in which people and businesses operate. We actively manage our projects by prioritising works to ensure the minimum of disruption to the community. We engage with our Clients, Environment Agency, District and Parish Councils, Local Organisations and the general public to achieve this.
Trant – Business Award Winner for Employee & Community Engagement.
We also engage with national and local NGO’s, action groups and heritage bodies in furtherance of our aims.
The Company has also over many years committed resources and funds by the establishment of the Trant Goodwill Trust and by contributing to the Community .
In addition to the Trust, Trant have supported a number of projects, some of which are listed below:
- Sophia’s House, Southampton – Total refit & rewiring of a previous doctor’s surgery into a purpose built special needs treatment centre, including Sensory Integration Therapy, Speech & Language, NDT Bobath, Vojta therapy, Shantala Massage, Kinesio Taping, Parents Support, and Hydrotherapy
- Furzey Garden’s Minstead Training Project for Young Adults with Learning Difficulties – Assistance to the Project Garden to the Chelsea Flower Show where Furzey Gardens achieved a Gold Award
- Oaklodge School for Children with Special Needs – Creation of a Sensory Garden
- Manor Infant School – Improvements to enhance security and safety
- Forest Education Centre – Upgrading of infrastructure
- Minstead Church Hall – Provision of improved disabled facilities
- University of Southampton, Engineering Department – Awarding Annual Prizes for Excellence.
Further examples of Trant working in partnership with our Clients to engage with the community include:
- ExxonMobil Fun Day – Trant has supported the fun day which is a celebration for Fawley Refinery employees and their family members.
- Southern Water Learn to Swim – for 5 years Trant has been involved in this initiative which, since its inception, has helped more than 650,000 four to twelve year olds learn to swim in Kent, Sussex, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
- Wessex Water WaterAid – WaterAid’s vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation, Trant have helped raise over £50,000 in the past 5 years.