Southampton, United Kingdom
COMMERCIAL MANAGER – PROCESS & WATER
We have a rare opportunity to recruit a Commercial Manager to head our Process & Water sector. Based at our Head Office in Southampton, the Commercial Manager will oversee the full commercial function for all of our water and process clients. Work comprises of Mechanical, Electrical & Civil Engineering works on both clean and dirty water contracts, with a combined portfolio of £85m - £90m per annum, predominantly using NEC suite of contracts & IChemE.
Reporting to the Director of Process & Water and working closely with the Commercial Director, duties include but are not limited to:
· Manage a team of Quantity Surveyor across three office locations throughout the South of England
· Provide leadership and guidance to the Trant Process & Water commercial teams
· Implement & maintain commercial procedures
· Establish and maintain productive and collaborative relationships with the clients’ team
· Contract management and administration including overseeing change management and identifying any cost implications due to any proposed changes
· Keep overall control of cash flow and expenditure
· Commercial reporting to internal and external stakeholders
· Work closely with the Planning Manager to ensure successful programme management
· Provide commercial support & advice to the Trant delivery teams, working closely with the Operations Manager and Framework Director
· Oversee the finalisation of contractor’s accounts and close out contracts for the projects
· Dispute resolution including reviewing potential contractor and supplier claims
· Provide commercial input to tender documentation
· Ensure all instructions are reviewed for cost implications
Desired Skills / Background:
· RICS or equivalent
· BSc in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management or by experience
· Substantial commercial experience with experience of working in a Commercial Manager role
· A background of working within the water & process sector
· Working knowledge of NEC Suite of Contracts
· Strong relationship builder with proven successful negotiation skills
· Excellent manager of people, possessing the ability to motivate, develop and lead commercial teams
· Demonstrable legal, contractual and construction knowledge
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. We value our employee’s and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors.
Our company benefits package includes;
· A competitive salary
· Company car or car allowance
· 24 days holiday (increasing with service to 28 days) + 8 bank holidays
· Company Pension Scheme
· Discretionary annual bonus
· 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
· Flexible working based on a ‘core hours’ scheme
· Hybrid working available where possible (not applicable to all roles)
· Bike to Work Scheme
Trant Engineering Limited is a multi-discipline Engineering & Construction company, with offices and projects throughout the UK and Overseas. We have a number of different divisions, including Energy, Oil & Gas, Process & Water, International and Control & Automation. We have over 750 employees and with a healthy forward order book and a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an excellent time to join the business.
Equal Opportunities & Diversity:
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.
How to apply:
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Internal Recruitment Team on 02380 665544.
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.