Southampton, United Kingdom
We are seeking to recruit a Commissioning Advisor, ideally with a background in water or waste water, to join our team in Southampton. This is an office-based role, working closely with the design team and site teams and as part of a multi-disciplined team. The Commissioning Engineer will be focussed on the provision of commissioning expertise on a variety of projects. Input will be provided at any stage from concept design & tendering through to the point of handing over commissioning documentation to the project delivery team.
Duties include but are not limited to;
· Providing input to assist in the tendering and project delivery processes, including the preparation of documentation relating to commissioning in support of the tender submission
· Assist with the design development phase through checking and feedback on design documentation prior to the implementation phase of the scheme
· The preparation of commissioning documentation, including overall commissioning plans and manuals incorporating:
Inspection and test plans (ITP)
Test record sheets
Commissioning logic networks and flow charts
Commissioning risk assessments and method statements
Compliance risk assessments and method statements
· Reviewing and commenting on commissioning & compliance risk assessments and method statements from others
· Input into Environmental & Process Impact Assessments
· Assist with the development of, review and comment on:
URS & FDS documents
Operating & Maintenance instructions
· Facilitate continuous improvement through feedback to the engineering function of both successful and less successful aspects of plant design and function
· Preparation and delivery of presentations about commissioning and training, both to internal and external groups
· Liaison with Client and other contractor’s personnel over the timing, scope and implementation sequence of commissioning activities
· Attending and witnessing Factory Acceptance Tests of items
· Electrical background
· General experience of working in commissioning & construction
· A history of working on clean and/or dirty water projects
Trant Engineering has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully design & deliver complex engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 750 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of
£180m this year, it is an exciting time to join a business where you can reach your full potential and develop your career.
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. We value our employee’s and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors.
Our company benefits package includes;
· Competitive salary
· Company car or car allowance
· 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + 8 bank holidays
· Company Pension Scheme
· Flexible Working (based on a core-hours system)
· Hybrid working (not applicable to all roles)
· Free onsite parking
· Employee Assistant Program
· Bike to Work Scheme
· Discretionary annual bonus
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 665544
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.