Portsmouth, United Kingdom
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Commissioning Engineer to work on clean water projects within the Portsmouth Water region.
As the Commissioning Engineer, you will bring demonstrable commissioning experience and practical skills to the team. Working closely with the Contracts Manager, you will ensure that all commissioning activities are planned and executed to meet the project requirements in a safe and cost-effective manner. You will be accountable for the efficient and quality of the commissioning aspects of the projects you are working on. You will lead the commissioning activities, within the agreed constraints of time, quality and cost, whilst maintaining the relationships with the client’s operational staff and an excellent Health Safety and Environmental performance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
· Responsible for the health and safety of the commissioning phase of the project/s
· Develop relationships with the client to ensure a smooth delivery and handover
· Responsible for providing the Contracts Manager with progress updates, raising concerns where necessary
· Ensure the commissioning is to the appropriate levels of quality and to standards and manufacturers best practice
· Produce and review Method Statements and Risk Assessments for all commissioning-based activities
· Assist with the production of commissioning plans, inspection test plans and training manuals
· Co-ordinate with the systems integration team to carry out all Site Acceptance Tests and Telemetry commissioning
· Review P&ID diagrams and provide strategies to commission plant and equipment into existing processes in line with client specifications without compromising process and reducing risk
· Attend commissioning meetings with representatives from our clients engineering and operational teams
· Undertake Factory Acceptance Testing for major items of plant
· Liaise with our suppliers and subcontractors throughout the on-site commissioning process
· The commissioning, interfacing and setting to work of equipment
· Undertake or supervise the NICEIC electrical installation testing to C&G
Qualifications, competencies and skills
· An industry applicable ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent
· CSCS card
· 1st Aid trained
· EUSR Water Hygiene
· Significant industrial electrical commissioning background
· Strong communication skills – both written and oral
· Water & Waste Water Industry background
· Working knowledge of Microsoft office packages
· WIMES Standards familiarisation
· Experience of working within the Utilities Industry
· BS7671 17th Edition training
· C&G 2394 & 2395 Inspection & Testing
Trant Engineering has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully design & deliver complex engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 750 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of
£180m this year, it is an exciting time to join a business where you can reach your full potential and develop your career.
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. We value our employee’s and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors.
Our company benefits package includes;
· Competitive salary
· Company car or car allowance
· 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + 8 bank holidays
· Company Pension Scheme
· Flexible Working (based on a core-hours system)
· Free onsite parking
· Employee Assistant Program
· Bike to Work Scheme
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our internal recruitment team on 02380 665544.
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.