Exeter, United Kingdom
DESIGN COORDINATOR - EXETER
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Design Coordinator with a water & process background, to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team working to deliver various clean & dirty water contracts, as part of the work Trant has won (and will be tendering for), on the South-West Water Framework. Works will comprise of a combination of Mechanical, Electrical & Civil Engineering projects and the Design Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the production of design deliverables and will liaise between the design and site teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Framework and be part of a new team, whilst working on interesting projects within the water sector.
Reporting to the Project Manager, duties include but are not limited to;
· Tracking the project deliverables on the DORM and liaising with the internal and external design team
· Coordination (managing the production and checking), of design deliverables produced by specialist suppliers or subcontractors
· Updating and tracking the design programme
· Managing change and reporting to the Project Quantity Surveyors
· Updating and tracking procurement using the procurement schedule
· Constructability liaison between the design team and Project Manager
· Providing technical assistance to project teams during the installation and commissioning phases of projects
· Undertaking formal design reviews throughout the project cycle as defined within TEL procedures
· Applicants should have a background in Process & Water
· An Engineering background is required, either Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering
· Professional experience working with design and construction organisations
· Competitive salary
· 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + 8 bank holidays
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Bike to Work Scheme
· Free onsite parking
· Company Pension Scheme
· Discretionary annual bonus
· Cost of annual Professional Membership paid
· Flexible working (based on a ‘core hours’ system), where possible
· We’re open to discussing Hybrid Working options
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com or contact our Internal Recruitment Team on 02380 665544
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.