Southampton, United Kingdom
ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER – CONTROL PANELS
Due to success and growth, we have an immediate requirement for an Electrical Design Engineer with a background in control panel design, to join our Automation, Control & Technology team (Te-Tech Process Solutions). We are open to applications from individuals wishing to work from our Southampton offices or to work in a hybrid role.
Duties include but are not limited to;
· Pre-Contract Site Surveys
· Equipment Selection and Purchasing
· Design of Control Panel Schematic Diagrams and General Arrangements from User Requirement Specifications and Control Philosophies
· Production of documentation packages for our workshop operatives
· Production of Operation and Maintenance Manuals
· Onsite Fault Finding and Modification of Electrical Control Systems
· Creation of Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Site Progress Reports, and other paperwork
Skills / Background:
· Currently or previously working as an Electrical Controls Design Engineer
· Good understanding of BSEN 61439 LV Directive
· Qualified electrical engineer or by experience
· Experienced AutoCAD user (ability to use Promis-e would be advantageous but not essential as training can be given)
· Client facing with excellent interpersonal skills
· Hard working and self-motivated
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development and progression within a professional working environment, and we strongly support and encourage employees to gain professional qualifications. Our company benefits package includes;
· Competitive salary
· 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + 8 bank holidays
· Company Pension Scheme
· Flexible Working (based on a core-hours system)
· Free onsite parking
· Employee Assistance Program
· Bike to Work Scheme
Te-Tech Process Solutions Ltd is part of the Trant Engineering Group. We are a product and process technology provider, providing water and wastewater treatment solutions to municipal, commercial, and industrial clients within the UK and international markets. We design, custom build and install a wide range of high-quality control panels, motor control centres (MCC’s) and automation systems, offering conventional, intelligent, and withdrawable systems with outstanding reliability and functionality.
We offer a full range of multi discipline engineering services including design, procurement, installation, project delivery and commissioning. Advanced technology and innovation are at the core of our business, enabling us to provide high quality, efficient solutions to our clients.
Te-Tech Process Solutions Ltd is the newest company within the Trant Engineering Group, established in 2021 and with our continued work and predicted growth, it’s an excellent time to join the business and to be part of growing something innovative and exciting.
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability, or age.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 665544
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.