Wessex Region, United Kingdom
MECHANICAL APPRENTICE X 2
Trant Engineering is dedicated to continuing their Apprenticeship intake programme in 2024 and we are currently interviewing for 2 x site-based Mechanical Apprentices, to join us in summer 2024. The Mechanical Apprentice will work as part of our site teams, delivering Mechanical & Electrical engineering projects for Wessex Water. The Wessex Water region covers Wiltshire, Somerset and Dorset so it is vital that applicants must hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
This is a Mechanical Apprenticeship spanning 42 months, after which you will be a qualified Mechanical Fitter. As well as working and being trained on site under the guidance of a qualified Mechanical Fitter, the Mechanical Apprentice will attend college to achieve Engineering Fitter NVQ Level 3. This qualification is recognised by the EngTech and after this is completed, it is likely that you will be offered further training and/or qualifications to progress your career.
Reporting to the Site Supervisor and working with a Mechanical Fitter, duties include but are not limited to;
· Ensuring company safety policies are adhered to at all times – all tasks must be planned and executed safely and efficiently
· Working as part of a larger team to deliver the mechanical aspects of M&E engineering projects within the water sector
· Working alongside other trades in the Utilities Industry
· Undertaking Mechanical installation operations – pumps, large and small bore pipework, etc.
· Scoping new works, surveys, etc.
· Compiling communicating plans, programmes and safe systems of work with project stakeholders and ensuring their understanding and compliance
· GCSE English & Maths (Grade 5 minimum)
· An interest in all things mechanical
· A natural problem solver
· Hardworking and reliable with an eagerness to learn and develop
· Team player
Trant Engineering Limited is a multi discipline Engineering & Construction company, with offices and projects throughout the UK and Overseas. We have a number of different divisions, including; Energy, Oil & Gas, Process & Water, Nuclear and Control & Automation. We have over 750 employees and with a healthy forward order book and with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Internal Recruitment Team on 02380 665544.
** Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.