Southampton, United Kingdom
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
The Trant in-house design studio is continually growing and we are now recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer, to join our talented multi-discipline design team at our Head Office in Southampton.
Reporting to the Mechanical Design Manager, duties include:
· Working as part of a multi-disciplined team of engineers responsible for the production design deliverables for water, wastewater and bio solids treatment plants
· Responsible for assisting in all aspects of mechanical design from site surveys of existing assets, optioneering, feasibility studies, detailed design and tender pricing
· Production of procurement specifications for mechanical equipment; hydraulic calculations and production of detailed design construction drawings
· Project managing third party designs and providing design assistance to installation and commissioning teams. Liaising with clients and subcontractors
· Interpreting and understanding client requirements from client documents (drawings, specifications, correspondence, etc.)
· Communication with client, external design resources and subcontractors to ensure compliance with specification
· Liaison with Project Manager and procurement team to ensure correct purchase of plant and equipment
· Management of internal and external project specific design costs in liaison with Project Manager
· Undertaking and checking design calculations including hydraulics and pumping systems
· Managing the preparation of CAD drawings in accordance with the company Drawing Manual
· Undertake design risk assessments to support detailed design proposals
· Responsible for preparing detailed mechanical specifications
· Responsible for the production of P&Ids
· BEng or MEng in Mechanical Engineering
· Chartered membership of relevant professional institution an advantage but not essential
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development and progression within a professional working environment and we strongly support and encourage employees to gain professional qualifications.
Our company benefits package includes;
· A competitive salary
· Company car or car allowance
· 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + bank holidays
· Flexible working (based on a core hours scheme)
· Company Pension Scheme
· Hybrid working where possible
· 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
· Free onsite parking
· Bike to Work Scheme
· Discretionary annual bonus
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 665544.
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.