Southampton, United Kingdom
Mechanical Project Engineer
Due to growth, we are currently recruiting for Mechanical Project Engineers to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team on the Wessex Water Framework. Primarily based out of our head office in Southampton, you will be working on projects in the Dorset and Wiltshire areas.
You will be reporting to a Project Manager and will be responsible for supporting all technical and commercial aspects of Mechanical installations on site. Candidates will be qualified in Mechanical Engineering, but ideally have an understanding of Electrical, Process or Civil Engineering as well.
· Attend internal and external design review and progress meetings
· Review electrical & mechanical design documentation
· Review specifications and outline/detailed designs
· Procurement of Electrical & Mechanical Equipment and support for subcontract procurement
· Ensure that site installation works and quality match both design and appropriate industry standards
· Record and Review as-built information
· Production of Risk Assessments and Method Statements
· Programme Updates
· Procurement schedules
· Degree or HND/HNC in Mechanical Engineering
· Water Engineering background preferred but not essential
· Good working Knowledge of Safety, Health Environment and Quality Procedures
Trant Engineering has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully design & deliver complex engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 750 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of
£180m this year, it is an exciting time to join a business where you can reach your full potential and develop your career.
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. We value our employee’s and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors.
Our company benefits package includes;
· Competitive salary
· Company car or car allowance
· 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + 8 bank holidays
· Company Pension Scheme
· Flexible Working (based on a core-hours system)
· Free onsite parking
· Employee Assistant Program
· Bike to Work Scheme
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.