Taunton, United Kingdom
Mechanical Supervisor – Taunton
Trant Engineering Limited is a multi discipline Engineering & Construction company, with offices and projects throughout the UK and Overseas. We have a number of different divisions including Energy, Oil & Gas, Water & Process, International and Control & Automation.
We have several new wastewater upgrade projects starting in 2024 across Somerset. To support this, we are looking to appoint Mechanical Supervisors to join our team. We offer excellent opportunities to further your skills and your career. With time, progression to site management or technical specialism will be fully supported.
Duties include but are not limited to;
· Report to the Site Manager and work alongside other trades in the Utilities Industry
· Overseeing subcontractor works, monitoring quality and delivery of work packages.
· Managing direct mechanical operatives
· Day to day planning, organising, supervision and control of M&E installation.
· Scoping new works, surveys, etc.
· Ensuring company safety policies are adhered to at all times.
· Communicating plans, programmes and safe systems of work with project stakeholders and ensuring their understanding and compliance.
Candidates are expected to have a strong commitment to health & safety ensuring that tasks are planned and executed safely and efficiently.
· Installation background within the water, power or other heavier industrial sectors
· SSSTS / SMSTS
· CSCS Card
· Full UK Driving License
· Computer Literate
· Slinger/Banksman Signaller
· C&G Medium Risk Confined Space
· Mobile Tower Erection (e.g. PASMA)
· Mobile Elevated Working Platforms (e.g. IPAF)
· First Aid at Work
We offer a competitive package including company van, holiday, pension and further training support.
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.