Southampton/Hybrid, United Kingdom
SENIOR ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
SOUTHAMPTON / HYBRID
Due to continued success and new project awards, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join our busy design studio at our Head Office in Southampton.
We are a friendly but professional multi-disciplined team, responsible for the design management of a variety projects and this role is reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager and individuals will be responsible for managing all aspects of electrical design.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Management of project specific design deliverables
· Carry out design in accordance with M&E Design QA Procedures
· Responsible for the detailed design in accordance with the Trant Procedures
· Interpret & understand the client requirements from client documents (drawings, specifications, correspondence, etc.)
· Communicate with the client, external design resources and subcontractors to ensure compliance with specification
· Site surveys of existing assets
· Optioneering and feasibility studies
· Assist with tender pricing
· Production of procurement specifications for electrical equipment and production of detailed design construction drawings
· Project managing third party designs and providing design assistance to installation and commissioning teams
· Review of vendors controls system Functional design Specifications for compliance
· Review of vendor data and drawings for all electrical equipment and package plant, motor control centres, power distribution panels and field equipment panels
· Management of internal and external project specific design costs in liaison with the Project Manager
· Undertaking and checking of design calculations including modelling of the complete power system (AMTECH)
· Preparation of drawings for CAD production
· Assist in the development of process control philosophies with the Process Engineer and suppliers
· Production of electrical scope and works enquiry submission documents
· Estimation of material and labour costs
· Undertake design risk assessments to support detailed design proposals
· Preparing detailed electrical specifications
· Production of single line and block cable diagrams, load schedules, equipment specifications, cable schedules, equipment schedules, telemetry schedules, instrument schedules and I/O listings
· Record and document all design changes through to completion and issue of ‘As Built’ documents
· Liaise with clients and subcontractors
· An appropriate electrical qualification or by experience
· Chartered Engineer status would be advantageous
Trant Engineering has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully design & deliver complex engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 750 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of
£180m this year, it is an exciting time to join a business where you can reach your full potential and develop your career.
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development and progression within a professional working environment and we strongly support and encourage employees to gain professional qualifications.
Our company benefits package includes;
· A competitive salary
· Company car or car allowance
· 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + 8 bank holidays
· Free onsite parking
· Company Pension Scheme
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Bike to Work Scheme
· Flexible Working Policy (based on a core hours scheme)
· Hybrid working where possible
· Discretionary Annual Bonus
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com or call our Internal Recruitment Team on 02380 665544
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion