- About Us
- Company Policies
- ENVIRONMENTAL & SUSTAINABILITY
ENVIRONMENTAL & SUSTAINABILITY
Issue Date: January 2023
Next Review: January 2024
ENVIRONMENTAL & SUSTAINABILITY POLICY STATEMENT
The Company recognises that our operations influence the local, regional and global environment, and that effective environmental management is critical to being a sustainable, successful business.
Key targets have been established for continual improvement in environmental practice and performance. The Company believes that our duty goes beyond minimising harm on the environment, to providing environmental enhancement and sustainable solutions in collaboration with our customers. This incorporates social sustainability and adding value to the communities in which we work.
To realise policy objectives, the Company is committed to:
- Promoting a culture of environmental responsibility and awareness, through effective leadership, communication and training.
- The provision of adequate resources, including management representatives, to fulfil the Company’s commitments.
- Implementing policy through an effective Environmental Management System that meets the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001:2015, and a greenhouse gas emissions baseline footprint verified to ISO 14064:2019 Part 3 (verification and validation of greenhouse gas statements).
- Complying with all relevant Environmental Legislation as a minimum.
- Investigating all incidents to identify root causes and prevent recurrence.
- Conducting regular reviews to monitor performance and ensure continual improvement of the Environmental Management System.
- Considering, planning and implementing control measures to protect the environment and minimise environmental impacts associated with Company operations. This includes pollution prevention, waste hierarchy principles and reducing fuel, energy and water usage.
- Being a good neighbour and considering the needs of all interested parties.
- Delivering on our published Carbon Reduction Plan, which demonstrates our commitments to achieving Operational Net Zero by 2040 and Organisational Net Zero by 2050. We are dedicated to reducing the greenhouse gas emissions resulting from our activities through our net zero action plan.
- Fostering new ideas and encouraging innovation, internally and with business partners, that can create financial savings and benefit our clients, society and environment.
- Delivering sustainable profitable growth, incorporating sustainability principles company-wide whilst meeting our ethical, legal and contractual obligations.
This policy is communicated to all persons working for or on behalf of the Company and will be made available to other interested parties upon request.
As Managing Director, I accept responsibility for this Environmental and Sustainability Policy and all Directors are responsible for ensuring its effective implementation in their respective areas of the business.